Divoom Voombox Travel Portable Wireless Speaker Review

6:13 AM



 In this age where technology has become a big part of our lives, portability has become one of the key features to consumers. From powerbanks, headsets, speakers, just to name a few, are all competing to how portable their device can get. Of course, quality is of main importance, too! With that said, I'm hear to review a portable device... the Divoom Voombox Travel Portable Wireless Speaker.



My first portable speaker was the Philips Soundshooter, which was given to me as a gift two years ago. Unfortunately, it broke down a few days back due to faulty headphone jack. I wasn't crazy impressed about its performance, but I would say it's got a decent performance, especially for it's size. Enough for me to go by. It's light, and has an impressive battery life. At moderate volume, it can last up to 8 hours! I could've done the soldering to fix the jack (which I will do myself, soon) but I just thought it would be nice to try a new one. This time, a cordless one.

Which led me to the Divoom Voombox Travel portable bluetooth speaker. The box cover the basics like a usb cable, user manual, and a rubber ring. I don't know what it's for, but I'm guessing it's to reduce the vibration that the speaker makes. The usb cable in addition, also merged with a headphone jack. Which is helpful if you'd like to play something from a device that doesn't have Bluetooth 4.0. Like your old iPod, and older generation music players.

Built Quality

When you first hold the device, you will automatically figure out how durable it is. The front and back speakers are covered with metal and a rubber ring that surrounds it. The weight is a bit heavier than my old Philips Soundshooter, but the materials used justifies the weight gain. It also has a carabiner that makes it easy for you to hook it everywhere.

On the side, you'll see buttons to control the device. The volume rocker on the right, and the power and answer button on the left. At the bottom is where the usb/aux port sits. Just pry the rubber cover and plug in the cable.






Performance

The sound that the Divoom Voombox Travel makes is impressive. It's loud and can easily fill up a room even without blasting the volume up its limits. The sound is clear, without distortion even at full blast, and the hint of bass is more audible.

Wanna know how powerful this speaker is? Well, it just literally jump up and down and there is a tendency for it to fall if placed on a flat surface, say a table. The best remedy is to put it on top of a cloth, tissue paper, or anything to absorb the vibration.

Just a little anatomy, the speaker is made up of 2 front speakers. To its front is the stereo speaker and to its back is a passive radiator. The stereo speaker is pretty straightforward. The passive radiator works for the bass. Compared to my old Soundshooter, this definitely is a lot better in all aspects.


Aside from grooving to the music, I normally use my portable speaker for watching movies on my tablet and it delivers. The speaking voice that the speaker produces is amazing. Giving you the feel of having the conversation happening next to you. It all sounds so natural.

There is a maximum volume set the speaker itself, so you can manually press the button if your phone's volume is a little quiet than the others. You'll hear a beep to indicate if the volume already is set to its loudest.

Durability is also a big deal for this speaker, it's waterproof and shockproof hence the materials used. Making it ready for any adventure your heart desires. Going for a hike? waking in the rain? He's up for the challenge.

Are you concern about the power Bluetooth uses? Well it wouldn't be a problem because it only requires very little energy. 





Call Functionality

The Divoom Voombox Travel is also equipped to make and receive a call. It's got a built in mic so you can take the call directly through the speaker.

I didn't have any issues answering a call, and the voice quality was excellent. I asked my friend if I sounded weird on the other end, and said it's all good. Just like a regular call taken from a phone.

How long does it last?

At moderate volume, it can do its job for around 5-6 hours. Enough to keep you covered if you're watching movies and several episodes of your favorite TV series. I tested it at full blast and lasted around 4 hours.

Conclusion

Overall, I'm really impressed with the performance of the Divoom Voombox Travel speaker. I like how masculine it looks which translates to its durability and ruggedness. The impressive sound quality, high volume level, the addition of bass, and it's built quality are some of the things I love about this device.

Should I get one?


Considering its price tag, P1990, this is definitely a wise buy. The Divoom Voombox Travel exceeded my expectations in every way. Of course, we all look for something more, may it be more bass, treble, or vocal quality, and the Voombox Travel pretty much covered everything on equal levels.

You can try the device yourself, to help you with your decision by visiting any Astroplus branches. They've got a wide range of potable speakers that will surely fit your needs. Try it yourself!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook