How to be a #SelfieExpert

4:58 PM



All of us wants to have that perfect photo to share on every social networking sites around the web-o-sphere. Of course, it's to have as much "likes" as possible, right? I must admit most of my posted pictures are selfies, and during my bored days, I post a picture to get likes just make my day a bit brighter.lol

Some friends of mine ask me who takes my photos, what camera I use, and who edits my pictures. I'm proud happy to say that it's mostly me and my smartphone. Next question would be, how?

Simple, and I'll be happy to share how in these 5 easy steps.


1. Dress Up To The Occasion

To start having that winning selfie, scan your closet for the most appropriate outfit to match the selfie shot you want to achieve. The picture I've chosen was taken on my recent vacation to Caramoan. It's by the beach so I decided to get something simple, a comfy sweatshirt, and my favorite fedora.

2. Find That Spot

Look around to where you are and find that sweet spot to use as your backdrop. It can be wall, your garden, or a newly discovered Instagram-worthy cafe/restaurant. As for me, I've chosen a spot in front of the cottages by the beach. (Not where we stayed at by the way.lol)

Now, we proceed to the next step.

3. Find the Light

We all heard of this, against the light = against a good picture (in most cases). So it's best to avoid facing your selfie cam to the sun, or any light that might produce flare to your picture. The picture I've used do not show good exposure due to inclement weather, but since there's no flare, it's still a better picture.



Did I mention about the bad exposure on this photo? Here's where we dwell on it.

4. Enhance A Little

Enhancing a photo may seem tricky, especially to those people who are not used to it. As for me, I kinda like the intricacies of editing pictures, like adjusting exposure, brightness, color balance (just trying to sound like a pro, but I'm absolutely not).



My go-to app when it comes to enhancing my photos is Snapseed. It's very versatile, and it covers all the basics for you to have that impressive selfie. This app is available both in iOS and Android.


In this photo, I enhanced the following:

Brightness.....60
Ambiance............10
Contrast..............15
Saturation...........35
Shadow...............35
Highlights............40
Warmth................40


I'm a bit critical when it comes to adjusting minor details, but it's definitely up to your personal taste. Adjust to your liking. :)

Want more drama? VSCO is very popular because of the dramatic filters that raises your photo to a whole new level. 

Here's the same photo, with VSCO this time around.





What I did:

Filter................A6
Exposure......... +1
Contrast.......... +1
Highlight Save.. +2
Temperature.... +2
Shad. Tint Blue..+2 


5. Practice (on my photo, for now) makes Perfect.



For a limited time only, you can use my untouched photo as a guinea pig to experiment on.lol Just download the image and follow the adjustments I did to get the same result or better! Who knows? Your editing skills maybe better than mine!

Considering all the tips I've mentioned, wouldn't it be nice to save yourself from the hassle of too much editing? Here's the GREAT NEWS!

The OPPO F1 Selfie Expert is packed with a very powerful 8 megapixel front-facing camera which allows you to capture more vibrant and detailed pictures. With it's f/2.0 lens, and 1/4 inch sensor, you will be guaranteed of a brighter and clearer pictures!

Beautify 3.0 is another feature available to ensure you'll always look your best. It seamlessly evens-out skin tones and remove blemishes with minimal tasks to perform!

Another great thing about the OPPO F1 is it's ability to get you covered at night! Screen Flash allows you to take pictures even when the lighting conditions are least favorable. It intelligently analyzes the amount of light present, Screen Flash will compensate the lack of it! 

Together with a 13 megapixel rear camera, you are pretty much covered in any situation you're in. Whether taking a picture of a nice view, or including yourself on that nice view! How cool is that? Also, the need for the tedious edits will be lesser because every picture will turn out excellent from the moment you take it! It's definitely a must have smartphone for all of us!

There's too much to like about this fantastic device, from its design, features and performance!

You can click here to know more about this amazing device! Follow them on their official accounts:


Now it's time to fuel the inner #SelfieExpert in you!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook