Stay Cool in Bicol

10:45 PM


Sorry for the bad rhyme. Bicol, I must admit is the farthest places I’ve had on land travel, next is Ilocos in 2010 (if my memory serves me right. lol). 

I’ve only known Bicol in school, thanks to the very famous cone-shaped volcano, Mt. Mayon. From then on, I started wondering how perfect, perfect is. So, getting there definitely swirled a lot of excitement in my head.


Getting to Bicol can as fast as an hour worth of flight, but you can only achieve that if you have cash to spare. You can also take a train and do it the Hogwarts Express style. Given a budget just enough to live by, I chose the slowest and longest way of being there, a bus ride! Besides, I always enjoy long travels in the bus thinking pondering on things in life. The what ifs, what could’ve beens, and what would bes…. you know what I mean.

I would’ve wanted to give you the breakdown of all things spent on every journey I take, but I don’t have the save-the-receipt-for-income-tax type.lol I feel like keeping track of what I spend makes me regret I’m spending more than I should have. So I’ll probably just say the wheres, what, and a little bit of hows.

Taking a bus ride to Bicol is around 10-12 hours. It’s best to go onboard during the night so you will just sleep the hours by. The moment you wake up, you’ll be a few more hours closer to your destination. 

Fast track, Bicol. 

Before I head on, I just have this curious relationship with the weather and my travels. Why is that, in every travel I had, rain/drizzle/typhoon always makes an unexpected entrance? Weather, do you miss me that much?lol I guess, I’m at fault not checking utilizing Accuweather. But come on! How can you predict a storm coming when you’re supposed to file leaves a month in advance? Just saying, not complaining. lol Despite all those spoiled sceneries (thanks to inclement weather) I’m still glad that the sun still peeks for a while, enough to take some decent photos, and enjoy each travel all the same. :)

Apologies for saying to much, here! ( I should’ve come up with a better introduction, I know.lol )

Talk about terrible weather condition. It’s sad that I wasn’t able to see the beauty of Mt. Mayon and the bell tower combo. Let’s just say they are in a cooling off stage for now.lol I would've wanted to share a great picture of Mt. Mayon, but due to the weather, this was all I got.



The Cagsawa Church Tower with the missing Mt. Mayon.



A little piece of history.



What's on the right side.



The Cagsawa Tower up-close and personal.



And the very uninspiring Mayon Volcano. :( Taken while I'm in the bus.

As frustrated as I was ( I guess that showed in the pictures taken), I'm still happy to get a glimpse of this ice cream cone-turned-upside-down-volcano. Will get back to this place soon. Hopefully, in a better day of the year. 

So that pretty much is Bicol, next is Caramoan… where things will be a lot more fun!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook